Monday, May 21, 2012

Doing this

i am not doing this for you.

I don't care about wearing steel shanks to make it happen.

I'm not doing this for your gratification at seeing me.

I'm not doing this for something to brag about at the water cooler.

I"m not doing this for your worthless ounce of recognition

Against the pounds of effort, sweat, and pain that I'm pushing myself through.

I'm not doing this for the five minutes we see each other

against the 24 hours a day i'm with myself.

I'm not doing this because twenty nine years of nike commercials have finally scrubbed my brain.

I'm not doing this to make a goddamn point.

I'm not doing this for an excuse

I'm not doing this so you have a reason to second guess my motives.

I'm not doing this for you:

I am doing this for Me.

No comments:

Post a Comment